How to Replace an Oven Element
When the oven does not heat properly, there may be a problem with the built-in electric heating element. In fact, it is very simple to replace the faulty heating element. Here, first emphasize the safety. Please unplug the oven and disconnect the power supply to ensure safe operation. Next, find the appropriate electric heating element according to the type of oven you have, (you will be taught to remove the heating element in step 5) and purchase a new oven heating element to replace the failed heating element. In the process, you can also seek the help of the after-sales service of the oven.
Ok, below, we will want you to show how an oven replaces the oven components. The specific steps are as follows:
- 1.Unplug the oven and disconnect the power. If your oven is fixed in your kitchen and you can't find the power cord, turn off the entire kitchen. Please be careful!
- 2.Remove the panel that covers the heating element. Due to the design differences of different oven products, the metal plates covering the electric heating elements may be disassembled in different ways, generally in the bottom of the oven, with some card slots on the edges, which can be pulled up with a little force.
- 3.Remove the electric heating element. Use a screwdriver to unscrew and pull out the screws for each connection. Most heating elements have 2 screws on the bottom and 2 screws on the back. Be careful not to lose these screws and then use them to secure new oven heating elements.
- 4.Separate the connected wires. The electric heating element is wired to the oven and care should be taken not to damage other components when disassembling.
- 5.Determine the specifications for the electrical heating element to be replaced. If there are specifications on the product, please purchase new heating elements according to this specification. If not, you need to measure the diameter of the heating element and calculate the heating element power.
- 6.Install the new heating element and place the purchased heating element in the working position.
- 7.Connect the heating element to the wire of the oven
- 8.Secure the new heating element and secure the heating element to the oven with the screws that are collected.
- 9.Install the panel on the heating element and fix it in the card slot and you will hear a “click”. Basically, the replacement of the heating element is done.
Next is the test work after recovery.
After the power is turned on, the outside of the electric heating tube will heat evenly. When the electric heating tube is used for the first time, there will be a little smoke. After a few minutes, the smoke will dissipate after a few minutes. If there is still a lot of smoke after 15 minutes, Please disconnect the power immediately, perhaps because a certain part of the oven is on fire, please contact a professional for repair.
This visual demonstration of the screen will replace the oven heating element, hopefully this will help you.